What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mountain Aire NC

g zero

Well Known Member
Any info on the Mountain Aire Community in North Carolina ? Looking for a place for weekend getaways this summer.

Any info on the Mountain Aire Community in North Carolina ? Looking for a place for weekend getaways this summer.

It's not a public field, but is open to residents and their guests. Watch the video on the Mountain Air website before flying in (it's required) and decide whether you want to give it a try. In an RV, especially on a low-wind day, it's easily done, but definitely check it out and decide for yourself.

The community, though, is absolutely spectacular. A good friend of mine has a summer place there and we love visiting.

Mountain Aire

Love the place!
We used to go there during the summer when we lived in Tampa-really nice change in climate and the place is beautiful.
I would suggest you do a high pattern fly over before attempting to land -just to get familiar with the terrain. The runway is notched out of an area near the top of the mountain and runs from edge to edge! Also, you don’t want to overshoot the base to final turn (right pattern) on runway 32, especially if low or you will find yourselves in a boxed canyon. I was flying a Mooney 201 at the time-after the high pattern fly over it will be a piece of cake for an RV!
Enjoy!
Cheers
db

Last edited:
A good friend of mine has a condo there. Very relaxing. Nice country club.

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 159
Back