What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GSA 28 Pitch Servo Mounting Bracket Location

snoopyflys

Well Known Member
Hi all,

While the turtle deck and rear part of my canopy remains off of my fuse, I thought I would go ahead and install the Garmin GSA 28 Pitch Servo Mounting Bracket to the F-729A Bellcrank Rib. Since I have not acquired the servo, the problem I am facing is the placement of the mounting bracket on the Bellcrank rib. The installation guide that Garmin provides is not clear on this and I would like to know how far aft on the Bellcrank rib I should install the bracket. So, has anyone faced a similar situation or can you direct me to a possible solution.

Thanks,

Hi all,

While the turtle deck and rear part of my canopy remains off of my fuse, I thought I would go ahead and install the Garmin GSA 28 Pitch Servo Mounting Bracket to the F-729A Bellcrank Rib. Since I have not acquired the servo, the problem I am facing is the placement of the mounting bracket on the Bellcrank rib. The installation guide that Garmin provides is not clear on this and I would like to know how far aft on the Bellcrank rib I should install the bracket. So, has anyone faced a similar situation or can you direct me to a possible solution.

Thanks,

Hello Dan,

I see our drawing on page 9-34 of the installation manual provides dimensions for locating the hole on the bell crank, but not the servo bracket offset distance from the bell crank pivot.

Our CAD model of the RV-7 with the GSA 28 pitch servo bracket and the supplied push rod shows the aft edge of this servo bracket 2.66" forward of the center of the bell crank pivot. This should allow you to center the servo bracket on 4 rivets at that position.

Send us an email if you want a diagram with this new dimension.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Back