What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reinstalling front spinner bulkhead on CS prop

MikeinPhoenix

Well Known Member
I just had my Hartzell CS prop serviced for my 9A. The prop shop told me it's common to have problems aligning the front spinner bulkhead to match the spinner holes. This is due to the prop cylinder being re-torqued as part of the servicing which changes the alignment of the 4 bolts attaching the bulkhead to the cylinder.

He mentioned Van's has addressed this issue, but I can't find any information. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Mike M.

Last edited:
You can just replace the forward bulkhead, not that much money and about an hour to install new nutplates.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.....we got lucky today as the holes aligned well enough that we could get the spinner on without problem. Once in a while luck comes your way!!

Best, Mike

It might not be luck ;)

If you tell the prop shop to realign the bolt holes as before, it does not seem to cause them an issue. Your prop shop seem to be have been aware, and "anticipated" the problem ;)

Most factory front spinner bulkhead holes are slotted for this reason. That is what I did when I got my prop back.

Back