What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Remote load a Foreflight plan into GRT EFIS??

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
Like the title says, is it possible to use Foreflight to create a flight plan, then upload it to the GRT EFIS??

From what I can gather, the answer is yes----but some parts and programming needed. WIFI adapter added to the EFIS, and Android based unit for doing the planning. But----IIRC, Foreflight doesnt work on Android devices.

Anybody actually doing this??

Any details would be appreciated.

TIA,
Mike

Last edited:
Me say no. They wrote their own interface using their app on android device to push to efis. I asked a year or more back about Apple vs android… no was answer. Since ForeFlight is Ios only, guessing no to your question.

Mike,

Some information, but may not completely address your need.

If you can export your flight plan from Foreflight in a "GPX" format and get it onto a thumb drive you can then import it directly to the GRT EFIS. I don't use Foreflight, but the little searching I did indicates it is possible to export the plan.

Earlier today I was able to generate a flight plan with SkyVector and export it in the GPX format on my PC. I then copied the file to my thumb drive and imported it to my EFIS. It is an older Horizon 1 WS, but I assume this ability has not been deleted from the latest EFIS incarnation.

I don't know if this matters, but I did slightly tweak the file by removing the first line that identifies the XML version and part of the second line that has a bunch of nonsense about XMLns and schemaLocation. I did that because of an old post I found from GRT that didn't have that information in it. So, my first line just has <gpx> and nothing else.

If you really meant doing this all wirelessly - well, just ignore all of the above then :)

Hope this helps,
Rob
N706DR

Foreflight to GPS 175 to GRT HXR 10.1

I don't know how to transfer from Foreflight directly to GRT but I have found it be extremely easy to transfer to Garmin GPS 175 which then feed the GRT.

Back