What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel sender wire routing?

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
I searched and only found one thread on this, so I'm looking for options.

How did you guys route the wire from the fuel senders into the fuselage? Poke another hole near the fuel line grommet?

I ran the wire on the forward side of the main spar into the fuselage. Then through grommets that were already installed into the center section.

Ryan

Small hole & grommet just forward of the fuel line, wire ran up the F902 bulkhead to the monitor / gauge. Shortest path.

Thanks guys-

Ryan and Ralph- I've seen both of your solutions on build logs, but I also asked builder support and was told that it would be fine to just poke another separate hole in the fuel line passthrough grommet and stick it through there with appropriate chafe protection/standoffs to the fuel line.

I'll admit that it's probably just a personal hangup but it makes me queasy to think about securing a wire to a fuel line, even if it's just measuring resistance, so I'm weighing both of your solutions.

Either one of you have problems with your solution? would you do it the same way again?

my wire bundle is pre-fab and already set up to run that wire from the center tunnel along the center section spar box (front side, in between, or aft side, I've got enough wire to do either), so I can easily use any of the 3 suggested solutions. I'm just weighing the pro's & con's of each

What or which ever you feel comfortable doing. Don't spend a lot of time thinking on it. Bigger decisions are still coming.

Back