What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P60 G2 availability?

Girraf

Well Known Member
Friend
I just exhausted the last of my SW P60G2/R7K44 the other day which I purchased at my local SW store a few years ago when I started my project. Put in an order for another gallon of each a few weeks ago and they can't seem to get it. Called another store about 80 miles away in a different state and they didn't think they were likely to receive any if I placed an order with them either. I get the "supply chain" argument, just curious if anyone else is experiencing problems with this particular product.

Also, if that's not easily available anymore, what other 2 parts options are out there aside from AKZO?

If anyone in the MD/DC area has any laying around I'd consider that option too.

This is unlikely to provide any help to you, but maybe. My local SW, which is oriented more toward the residential/commercial market, pointed me to a regional SW that handles more of their industrial applications. The former did not carry the primer, the latter did. This was in northern California, not MD/DC, but I assume the residential vs industrial dynamic applies throughout the country, so you may want to ask your local SW about that.

Try "Aero TouchUps".........

They are located in Titusville, FL. They offer a kit of PG60G2 that contains the proper ratio of primer/catalyst to make 40 oz of sprayable product.

They are not cheap, but who is now-days?

They are located in Titusville, FL. They offer a kit of PG60G2 that contains the proper ratio of primer/catalyst to make 40 oz of sprayable product.

They are not cheap, but who is now-days?

$72 for 40oz, OUCH!

I made a few phone calls this morning and found some in the Baltimore area. Picking it up tomorrow!

I had to search around to find some and I learned some things that might be beneficial to other readers in the future.

The commercial branch has higher priority over the residential when special ordering products. So if no one carries it, get it from a commercial store. I don't know where automotive sits in that.

No one in the Cedar Rapids & Iowa City, IA area knew what P60G2 was. It wasn't until I asked to special order it that they then realized it was in stock. They know it as "Industrial Wash Primer." Just make sure when they bring it to you that it says P60G2.

Back