What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Access Panel baggage compartment floor

dwschaefer

Has anyone put an access panel in the baggage compartment floor? I'm thinking of somewhere between F627L and F626L. Somewhere between 3" by 7" or big enough to get my hand in to bold down the antenna. I need to mount a new ADS-B blade antenna and the space under this area is the best place on my plane to miss all the other antennas and meet NavWorx specifications.

If so, please shoot me a few pictures.

Thanks...

DWS
RV6-A N142DS

Baggage Compartment Access Panel

I have storage under the baggage compartment floor with hinged doors. I also put access panels into the baggage compartment floor to gain access to the bolts holding the outside steps. These were installed after the passenger side step broke multiple times.....
Easy to install them. Make a re-enforcement ring and cover, the use them to make the floor hole....

Fred S
RV-7A N924RV 780 Hrs

Has anyone put an access panel in the baggage compartment floor? I'm thinking of somewhere between F627L and F626L. Somewhere between 3" by 7" or big enough to get my hand in to bold down the antenna. I need to mount a new ADS-B blade antenna and the space under this area is the best place on my plane to miss all the other antennas and meet NavWorx specifications.

If so, please shoot me a few pictures.

Thanks...

DWS
RV6-A N142DS

Another option is to skip the reinforcing ring and make a square panel that bridges from F-626 to F-627. Use the existing screws at the center, and replace a couple of the F-626 pop rivets with screws. A cross fuselage direction stiffener on the front and rear of the panel hole will complete the mounting.

A bigger panel, but using existing holes/screws will be easier to implement....:)

Floor Panels

Here are mine:

P5050697.JPG

P5050698.JPG

Last edited:
Back