What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL39/Garmin Pilot App & Nexus 10

dwschaefer

For you Android users. Just received my new Nexus 10 today ...2560-by-1600 resolution!! Thought this would be great for the Garmin Pilot App that I currently use with my Garmin ADSB GDL-39...in fact I didn't order the Nexus until I found that Garmin actually had an Android app since I'd been using on an iPad.

Unfortunately the app crashes every time it's launched while trying to paint the base map! Flashing video and map squares etc. then crash. Called Garmin Tech support but unfortunately they didn't have any answers except to reinstall the application. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon .. the app is great and connected to the GDL-39 it's super to use in flight!!

I'll keep the Android users in the group posted on updates. This tablet rocks!

Regards,

DWS
RV6-A N142DS

Great news! Garmin just released an update to the Pilot application that has fixed the issues with the Nexus 10. Now the tablet with the highest resolution in the industry can show it off!

Regards,

DWS

Great news! Garmin just released an update to the Pilot application that has fixed the issues with the Nexus 10. Now the tablet with the highest resolution in the industry can show it off!

Regards,

DWS

How does the nexus do in the bright sun?

Back