What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ontario CA area

LouFly

Well Known Member
I’m contemplating spending 4-6 months a year, maybe more as time goes on- in SoCal starting this fall. Interested in feedback on RV/EAB friendly airports, great EAA chapters and, of course, leads on hangar space. Thanks-:)

Lots to choose from

While I can't speak to hangar space as I'm further south, in terms of GA/EAB friendly you have a lot to choose from, such as Flabob (home of EAA chapter #1), Redlands, Corona (free shuttle to Aircraft Spruce), and of course Chino (home of Planes of Fame).

One thing, when (if?) we get winter rains, Corona can flood. Not every year for sure but I think twice in the last 20.

Cable (KCCB) is also a nice little field that has a "can do" Experimental community. Chino is on one side of the Ontario Class Charlie, and Cable is on the other.

I'm over at KVNY and there is an active EAA chapter at KWHP, but those are further out.

Last edited:
Cable Airport KCCB has an active EAA chapter and they probably have a lead on hangar space there. Also a nice Cafe on the airport there (Maniac Mike's), and the fuel prices are always reasonable.

Back