What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st flight with grand kids

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Lincoln’s first flight in Grandpa’s airplane, the Grand Kids were visiting over the 4th of July. Link is old enough now to take his first flight. It is so fun to look at flight through the eyes of a child. Even though my wife says that’s me every time go up.

He had a great time and got the RV Grin. Many questions during the flight and hundreds more on the ground. He now he looks up at planes as they fly over.

What’s better than the freedom of flight? Sharing the freedom of flight!

Short Video
https://youtu.be/PC5izA3lvYM

Attachments

• 8375DFE8-6ED8-438B-A131-747256C12054.jpeg
    8375DFE8-6ED8-438B-A131-747256C12054.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 310
Spreading the Word!

Not THAT'S an RV GRIN!!:)

Thanks for taking this little tyke up on his first real airplane ride! Looks like both the passenger AND the pilot are enjoying the flight! YA! Another convert! He might have to wait a while before he orders his tail kit but.....:D

That was about the age I was when I took my first flight in the back seat of a T-Bone while my Dad took pictures of his uranium claims! (those were the days!) I was already feeling the tug back then and that flight just tightened the grip!

As an aside, what are those units on your shoulder harnesses?

Thanks for inspiring the generation that NEEDS to come up and replace us Old Pelicans!

Not THAT'S an RV GRIN!!:)

As an aside, what are those units on your shoulder harnesses?

Thanks for inspiring the generation that NEEDS to come up and replace us Old Pelicans!

Safety tool / knife for emergency exit and a CO2 detector so I can hear it if it goes off.

CO detector and egress tool

Safety tool / knife for emergency exit and a CO2 detector so I can hear it if it goes off.

OK: what a great idea for both! I am not sure I would hear my CO detector if it went off sitting 2 feet from my ANR helmet!

Now: I have to ask what tool you use for emergency egress....? Curious minds want to know..........

Did I mention GREAT IDEA?

I keep going back and looking at Lincoln's grin....:):):)

OK:

Now: I have to ask what tool you use for emergency egress....? Curious minds want to know..........

Did I mention GREAT IDEA?

Michael I got it back in 2015 from Amazon, I like this one due to the holder that is just zip tied on the strap adjuster. There are multiple ones out there now, search EMS Knife.

Attachments

• 7920ED48-44EE-4D89-A7DA-3B7D07E4ED19.jpg
    7920ED48-44EE-4D89-A7DA-3B7D07E4ED19.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 185
Governor where time goes? Are you already a grampa? Seems like yesterday I saw you college son. Does the grand kid know who designed your paint scheme? :)

Yes they do know Mom and Dad did the design. Hey call me when you get a chance. Brent C, Jeff V, and Mark B we are all heading to Petit Jean wanted to know if you could join us in Sept. Just realized that was 2012 during the RV1 tour at KPTW.

Last edited:
David, these kids are growing up fast! Looks like you’ll need to put a motor in their pedal plane next!
We miss you around KBST

Back