What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hot Battery Bus

avrojockey

Well Known Member
Patron
How does this look?

I didn't need one but now I'm adding permanent wiring for charger/power supply/preheater power, in addition to the power to e-bus relay (which currently has a fuse-link)

I'm not a fan of unprotected runs of wire even <6" recommended. I'm thinking this is a great solution...right to the + post with proper support...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.30.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.30.24 PM.png
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Did Something Similar

I put a 30a fuse on the battery cage to protect the wire going to my sub panel mounted plug for my battery charger/external DC power. Your solution allows more stuff, though.

Update...I installed one but modified it to fit PC680 on the side. The modification used a brass conductor instead of the tinned copper that came with it, so I'm limiting to 40A total based on the cross-sectional size of smallest part. Nothing I'm using this for would ever need close to 40 amps.

Right now I have my E-Bus connected at 15A max and my charger/power supply wire 20A max (power supply will only do 10A anyway). Not sure if there's anything else I'll put on here.

I don't see the cover as totally necessary

Comments welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
The fuse holder looks pretty neat to me, didn’t know about those.
Less neat are the length of, and the threads of your hold down fixture, no washers, though the image itself can be deceiving ;)

Where can one get hold of these fuse holders?
Thanks.

Back