What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Todays Off Topic - How Hot Is It?

HFS

Well Known Member
I live under the umbrella of the traffic pattern for 32R @ Lemoore NAS (NLC), and yesterday they recorded a temperature of 117*!

The day before that, over the hill (Sierra Nevada Mtns.) in Death Valley, it was 122*!

But it's a "dry" heat - right?

YMMV - but I bet by not that much!

HFS

OBTW - My hangar is corrugated sheet tin - probably around 140* in there on days like that.

My drive yesterday...

Attachments

• IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 111
One of my brother in laws used to work In Iraq on machinery during that little war over there.
They had to drag/drive the tanks or trucks into an airconditioned shop the day before to get them to cool off enough so they could work on them.
I don't remember the temps, But, that's hot.
Art

We were sitting on the highway in a construction zone yesterday out south of Tonopah, NV (writing on the pilot car), and I noticed 114 degrees on the Honda dashboard. Cool and comfy inside, but I was wondering about the old cars in line with us…..

Last edited:
SoCal's been a hot, sweaty mess for well over a week now. Normally Labor Day is the hottest time of year, but this year it's ridiculously humid too, which is odd. Temps over 90*F even at the coast, dew point around 70...even at 4000' it's over 90. Perfect for durability testing the A/C, so been flying almost every day with 42 deg blowing in my face. Lovely!

Back