What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7 with IO-390 210HP engine.

ettoreruggeri

I'm New Here
Hi all,
i am building a RV7 with IO-390 210HP engine. I need to find the Crossover Exhaust System for this engine. I asked around other builders but I didn't get certain answers, someone suggests the Crossover Exhaust System for IO-360 200 HP, others the RV14(A) Exhaust For 210HP IO-390 A3B6. Has anyone built a RV7 with this engine ?
Thanks,
Ettore

On the subject of the IO-390 in an RV, what are you guys using as a profile on foreflight? A friend is picking up an -8A with a IO390.. I’m thinking 120 knots in the climb 1200fpm, FF 17 gph? Foreflight profiles aren’t very specific and it seems you have to kinda average the performance through all altitudes.

I hope you are getting way more than 1200fmp. Should be closer to 2000 fpm or more

We’ll that’s what I’m asking.. what’s a typical cruise climb up to 12,500 or so? Sure it could probably do 2000 fpm or more down low, pitched up to 100 knots, but what is a realistic CRUISE climb average the whole way to altitude?

Back