What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slick Mag service

Deweyclawson

Well Known Member
I am about to replace the right mag on my RV6A O360-A1A with a P-Mag and the left mag is at 500 hours since new.

Any recommendations on shops to inspect/repair as necessary the 500 hr left mag would be appreciated.

Mag work

Have been hearing good reports about Select Aircraft Service in Lancaster Tx and last month sent them work. Took a little longer than planned but it a big job (D-3000) and was over July 4th so that probably was a factor. Got back good work at a fair price. Will use them again. 972-227-9580

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

send them to don downs at canyon creek airpark in northern Fl
he does great work at a great price. he just did mine on my PA-28.

his email is flydonguy....at...comcast.net

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

I must be getting senile, it's flyguydon. At Comcast.net. Sorry about that.

Bob burns
Rv-4 n82rb

I've used Air Magneto Services out of Seattle as well. Only have had the 1 experience.... Seems like they do good work but very proud. In my findings they were the most expensive... why they heck did I use them? Not sure :D but they did do good work. They heat the right parts at the right temp and do what's necessary for the 500 hour inspection. I was told after the fact by several others that there are less expensive options that do just as good work but not sure if they run it through the same testing.

YMMV

FlyGuyDon is on the Piper forum quite often and a well respected mechanic. I've used Maxwell Magneto in Bunnell, FL with good luck as well.

Aerosport Power was quick and honest when I had my Slick Lazar mags rebuilt in Kamloops Canada. Highly recommend them! I always support US businesses but these people are exceptional!

Back