What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's Lycoming lead time.

Jpm757

Well Known Member
Anybody recently order a new non Thunderbolt engine from Van's? Curious on current lead times on O-360.
Thanks

Last edited:
After searching for various threads in VAF, I was under the impression the lead time was 6 months or more for new engine from Lycoming. When I filled out the order form for my M1B, I put in my need date that was 3 months after the order date thinking I probably won't receive it until more than 6 months. Guess what, the engine was delivered just over 3 months after the order was filled. So maybe you can put down the date you really need the engine and Lycoming will probably try to make that desired delivery date.

Vans told me the lead time on a new XIO-320-D1B was 6 months when I called them last Friday.

- mark

Moving target

I ordered my stock 0-360 from Vans’s last Dec 2. I was told to expect delivery near February 22, roughly. I changed my order to a Thunderbolt engine in early January. I worked directly with the good folks at Lycoming to facilitate the change, copying the good folks at Vans’s, of course.
Bottom line is that I expect my engine to ship from Lycoming in the next few days, per them. I was told by Lycoming that lead times have reduced significantly due to Covid inspired order cancellations in the last several months.
I would suggest that for the latest accurate lead times, you should contact Lycoming directly. They seem eager to please and happy to have our business.

Good luck, Jim

Lycoming just quoted me 11-13 weeks for a certified IO-360 for my Cessna.

Last edited:
Thunderbolt wait

Ordered my thunderbolt in October 2021. Just got the call in October 2022 they’re starting to build it.

Back