What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LEMO Headset Hole Location

1949MGTC

Sponsor
I plan to install both dual headset jacks and the LEMO headset jack in the seat pan. It looks like two holes are provided for the dual plugs but I’ll need to drill the LEMO hole. For anyone that did this already, where did you locate the LEMO connector relative to the dual plug holes? Forward of them or aft? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Bill Gardner
2022 Dues Paid

I drilled the hole for the LEMO aft of the other holes which worked out OK
Cheers,
Ian.

Last edited:
Didn't want the holes on the floor for all the debris to fall into as we have both also. Moved them up on the adjacent stiffener about to the top of the seat height. Now they are vertical and hopefully most of the crud will just slide past on it's way to the floor.

Lemo placement

The stock location (circa 2013) was in line with the seat upright which was a horrible idea.
Unfortunately I placed my Lemo plugs adjacent to the dual plugs in this rear location. Only after flying it became apparent there has to be a better location.

Horrible as: you cannot see or reach the plugs when buckled in and
the hip harness gets dropped onto the connections snagging and tangling which may lead to damage.

I would move the plugs way forward. I am sure other builders have done so already.

I put mine in between the two holes provided. I don't unplug my headset between flights so it isn't an issue that it is a little hard to get to. I think you could easily just plug it in before you get in too. It was very convenient there to wire all three sockets as an assembly.

I too put mine next to the two holes. After flying for about 6 months, a passenger wrapped the seat belt around it and broke it. I recommend finding another place.

I fabricated two brackets…

FDE09D5C-619E-4FD7-AD76-E149F0FA89BE.jpeg…out of scrap aluminum. I painted them my interior color and mounted them on the longerons forward of the instrument panel. The bracket design allows for mounting of a LEMO plugs as well as standard two plug receptacles. It also serves as a headset hangar. The location keeps the plugs out of the way and headset cables running from front to back along the sides of the cockpit. Also the plug receptacles face down so won’t get debris in them.

Attachments

• 1940D5E5-CEF2-40B0-B170-C8B30D4697C0.jpeg
    1940D5E5-CEF2-40B0-B170-C8B30D4697C0.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 56388615-18A3-4E18-B8EF-28D53202F27B.jpeg
    56388615-18A3-4E18-B8EF-28D53202F27B.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 141
Back