What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Kit Order - Extras

acpilot

Well Known Member
Patron
I just received word that my RV-14 SB wing kit is ready for crating. Before I submit the payment I figure a good idea to have some extra parts (may need later/ screw ups etc.) placed in the crate to save on shipping. Curious what others have ordered with their wing kits.

Thanks

The flexible tubing used to run wires, tank sealant, some hardware for mounting pitot tube mast/heater.

-7 here, so may not be applicable.

I just received word that my RV-14 SB wing kit is ready for crating. Before I submit the payment I figure a good idea to have some extra parts (may need later/ screw ups etc.) placed in the crate to save on shipping. Curious what others have ordered with their wing kits.

Thanks

+1 on the extra longerons. They are relatively cheap but the shipping if ordered on their own is outrageous.

Extra longerons are great advice for the other 2 seat models, but I thought I remembered someone saying on here that the 14 has a different design and doesn't use those monster 15' long longerons.

For sure confirm one way or the other. I had to order extras after the fact and shipping was brutal.

Back