What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14A Fiberglass Components

sanman99

I'm New Here
Hello everyone,
I recently ordered an RV14A tail kit that should be arriving in July. There is a "Fiberglass for RV" sport air workshop through EAA in March that I am considering taking. At what point during the RV14A build process does the fiberglass work happen? Is it too early for me to take the fiberglass course now?

Never hurts to take it, but I delayed my fiberglas work until everything else was done. No hurry.

I would say it depends if you will be waiting for subsequent kits. If you are you will be happy to do the fibreglass work required on the empennage kit sooner rather than waiting.
I would take the course anytime it is close or convenient.

The empennage fiberglass tips require about 20 hours of labor to get them ready to prime and mount.

IMG_3058-M.jpg

Take the class. It will demystify the process. There are also lots of good videos on the EAA site for doing fiberglass work. Buy the supplies (ACS has a kit for West Systems, along with the pumps, micro, flox, fabric, cups, etc.) and play around with it before you start on your tail kit pieces.

Back