What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tanks

Skymanw

Hello all. I wanted to check with the brain trust for everyone's thoughts on the marketability of a set of fuel tanks I have for an RV-10....

I built two new tanks and replaced the original quick build kit tanks on the aircraft that had begun to leak. The result was worth the effort but now I'm not sure what to do with the old tanks...? Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Hello all. I wanted to check with the brain trust for everyone's thoughts on the marketability of a set of fuel tanks I have for an RV-10....

Thanks

Hold on to 'em and offer 'em for sale periodically. Someone somewhere will have a leaky tank or two and will prefer to rework your tanks while flying their leaky tanks to minimize downtime.

Those tanks have value as they can be very easily fixed with a little work and not much money. Hang on to them as is or fix and sell.

I had a bird strike right in the middle of my left tank a few years ago... I would have jumped at the chance to buy a pre-built tank, even if it required a little work to make it leak free.

That's why I built tanks and replaced, so that I could continue to fly. They took a while.

Any thoughts on a value for them...?

Thanks

Van's charges $1000 for the unbuilt -10 tank parts alone... ask me how I know :)
I would think you could get at least what the parts are worth.

Back