What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mount for System 32 EFII Controller

cdeerinck

Well Known Member
If any of you would like to get an EFII System 32, but lack the panel space for the controller, I just finished the design of mine and would be more than happy to email the plans to anyone interested. I suppose it could be used for any other single instrument that has the mounting size.

I had it professionally printed on an HP FusionJet out of 6/6 Nylon, and using All3DP.com it cost just under $100 including shipping and tax, in a ready to use matte black. I personally don't trust FDM 3D printing on a vibrating aircraft, but this 6/6 Nylon is the cat's meow. It is very strong and stable.

In an RV-8, to either side of the pilot is some "extra" room. Just cut a 3" hole in the cover plate as shown, and run your wires. You align the controller to face you at your preferred angle and tighten the ring on the underside. I put a dab of silicone on the ring and threads to hold it in place. Removable in a pinch, but not going anywhere until you want it to. If you want to drill and screw it into place, you can, but I think it's not necessary.

EFII%20Two_zpszsjlrrjf.jpg

EFII%20One_zpslnr9cqlv.jpg

EFII%20Three_zpsq6c9enob.jpg

System32 Controller Mount

Chuck,
That looks really cool!
Please post a pic of it in the plane when able so we can see your full result.

Thanks,
Robert

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

I have an RV-8. I put my SDS CPI2 EI ECU under the cover in the same spot in my RV-8. I was thinking about doing something similar for the CPI2 display/controller but I don't have the resources or skills to fabricate something that nice.

I'd like to take you up on the offer for the free plans to see if it would be adoptable for use with the SDS CP2 display/controller.

My email is my screen name followed by @yahoo.com

Thank you,

Back