What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone installed Baja Squadron Pros in W-415 flat top wing tips

cccjbr6

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried to install Baja Squadron Pro lights in W-415 flat top style wingtips? (My RV-6A has the round bracket that is adjustable for aiming and holds a round PAR 36 incandescent bulb.) If so which style of light did you install? I would appreciate any guidance.

I installed AVEO lights in the wing tips and Baja lights in the leading edges. Everything fit very nicely. If I had to do it over again, I would have installed the four pack Baja lights. They would have fit. More pictures at my Kitlog site.

FP20122014A00007.jpg

FP20122014A00008.jpg

FP12102014A0002A.jpg

Yup...

Here's one way to do it...

- Remove the light assembly from the wingtip.

- Remove the old lamp from the adjustable plate.

- Remove the two inboard nutplates that were used to hold the Par36 onto the adjustable plate.

- Cut a short length of aluminum angle that will fit between the two nutplates used for adjusting the plate. This will be use to make a right angle to the adjusting plate that you can attach to the bracket included with the squadron.

- Loosely attached the squadron to the bracket that came with it, there are two ways to attach it but it should make sense which way it needs to be, then cleco clamp this to the aluminum angle. This will allow you to find the correct placement of the angle on the adjusting plate. It will be pretty easy to center the lamp in the hole.

- Mark where the aluminum angle will be mounted to the adjusting plate and drill.

I also drilled and mounted the bracket that came with the squadron to the new aluminum angle as I thought it would be better supported with two fasteners. Again I used 8/32 screws and locknuts. *Be sure you take this in to consideration when mounting the angle to the bracket so there is clearance between all the fasteners.

By the way, I mistakenly ordered the work beam for my lights, which is a really wide beam, and I meant to get the spot. I called Baja and they sent me replacement reflectors...they are $6 a pair (you would need 8 total to change them all). I was thinking I would keep one LED with the work reflector (bottom outboard) and the other three as spot. Nice thing is you can customize your lights as you see fit.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help!

NdsYJtb.jpg

n2kuboa.jpg

Last edited:
Back