What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-540 and Dual Emags

MJarreau

Well Known Member
I spoke with Chris at Lycoming today about our order. He told me they will now install dual P-Mags on their experimental engines.

FYI

Mike

I spoke with Chris at Lycoming today about our order. He told me they will now install dual P-Mags on their experimental engines.

FYI

Mike

We run dual E-Mags from E-Magair on our RV 10. Brad and Trent are awesome to work with. Timing them is literally a 5 min job, with a helper to push the button on one mag and you on the other at TC.

We run dual E-Mags from E-Magair on our RV 10. Brad and Trent are awesome to work with. Timing them is literally a 5 min job, with a helper to push the button on one mag and you on the other at TC.
I am thinking about going this route instead of EFii, are you happy with them?

In Feb 2021 I replaced the Lightspeed in my RV10 with a PMAG and it now has 200 hours on it. A year later, in 2022, I replaced the Slick mag with a second PMAG. I have been very satisfied with the operation and performance of two PMAGs on my RV10. Hot starts were an issue before, now not at all. I have had PMAGs on my RV7a since I built it 17 years ago and 2200 hours, so I certainly have a preference/bias to PMAGs.

Back