What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TMX Mattituck Engine help

Ghardin

I'm New Here
I’ve owned my 2005 8A for 3 years now and I have the TMX O-360 that I don’t have a manual for and want to know it’s operating parameters. The original builder didn’t provide it and has since passed. I have the serial number of 49-12 but can’t seem to research it anywhere. Anyone have a copy or know where to find? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I’ve owned my 2005 8A for 3 years now and I have the TMX O-360 that I don’t have a manual for and want to know it’s operating parameters. The original builder didn’t provide it and has since passed. I have the serial number of 49-12 but can’t seem to research it anywhere. Anyone have a copy or know where to find? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

These are Lycoming clones with ALL parts matching the Lycoming engine. Therefore the Lycoming Operators manual will be applicable.

TMX-O360

When I purchased my new TMX O-360 from Mattituck all the instruction manuals were genuine Lycoming publications and exactly the same as you would receive with a new Lycoming. Even had the Lycoming name all over them. Just look on-line for the info for a Lycoming O-360 Series and you will find what you need. With the TMX-O-360 , the Lycoming O-360- A1A will be the same. :)

As has been said, they are very similar to the 180HP O360 options from Lycoming/Vans.

I have a similar one, TMX IO-360, that has ECI cylinders that are covered by the AD (09-26-12) which calls for an annual inspection. I believe there were a few that had the group 'B' cylinders that had to be replaced. Mine were in group 'A' that just needs an annual compression check and physical inspection and can go to 2000 hours.

info

Hopefully Mahlon is on here still and can offer some advice. What great engine and great shop. Best $ I ever spent. Sad day when they closed. :-(

When I purchased my new TMX O-360 from Mattituck all the instruction manuals were genuine Lycoming publications and exactly the same as you would receive with a new Lycoming. Even had the Lycoming name all over them. Just look on-line for the info for a Lycoming O-360 Series and you will find what you need. With the TMX-O-360 , the Lycoming O-360- A1A will be the same. :)

That’s exactly what I was trying to figure out NYTOM. Thank you!

Hopefully Mahlon is on here still and can offer some advice. What great engine and great shop. Best $ I ever spent. Sad day when they closed. :-(

Totally agree. Below you can see a couple of photos of the manual that came with my TMX IO-360.

IMG_5078-1024x1024.jpeg

IMG_5079-1024x1024.jpeg

So true. It was meeting and talking with Mahlon that convinced me to go with Mattituck and then attending one of his building classes at their facility sealed the deal. :) I was so saddened to see that company get swallowed up by the big guys. :mad:

Back