What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VP-X Pro or Sport version

GAHco

Well Known Member
Where did you mount it?
how did it work for your circumstance?

Thanks for the info you may supply.

VPX

Tom- I chose the Pro- IFR, Dual G3X, GTN650, GMA240, IcomA210, GXpilot, Gemini PFD, pitot heat, electric trim, etc. Flying now with about 125 hrs. I have a couple of circuits that are unused at this time. I needed the capacity of the Pro. It has worked as advertised- once programmed with your preferences- it has worked perfectly. I made aluminum angle brackets and mounted to the bottom of the forward ribs behind the panel. I would use it again.

Thanks

I was born in Baton Rouge !

Thanks for the know how.

particully where did you fasten the unit

I used the sport version, I didn't need all the extra circuits of the pro. Just building a simple vfr plane with one efis. Pics are in my log as to the mounting and wiring. Link to KITLOG below.

Bird

Last edited:
I fabricated a bracket to mount the VPX-Sport under my forward ribs:

DSC00732.1.JPG

I have the VPX pro mount between subpanels above the rudder pedals on my RV-10. I fabricated brackets, but the ones that VP sells will work fine too.

VP-X Sport is fine for my VFR panel. I did put a fuse block off of one 15A circuit and it powers the ELT, interior lights, EI Commander, and Hobbs. I still have 2 spare VP-X circuits. One 15A for heated Pitot and another 5A for a second EFIS, if I ever decide to add them.
If you are going to have more than 1 EFIS and COM and be IFR, I would upgrade to the VP-X Pro, since it has more redundancy with dual busses.

Here's where I mounted it.

IMG_3079-M.jpg

IMG_3080-M.jpg

More photos in my wiring gallery.

Thanks

I used the sport version, I didn't need all the extra circuits of the pro. Just building a simple vfr plane with one efis. Pics are in my log as to the mounting and wiring. Link to KITLOG below.

Bird

that looks very well, get lt in the sky!

Spring

Shooting for this coming spring Tom, hopefully I'll be able to before it gets to hot like it is now.

Bird

I used the VPX-Sport. Mounted above the rudder pedals. VFR plane RV7A, works great. i have some spare circuits. Don't remember how many.:)
Dave

Back