What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airworthiness Certificate/Operating Limitations in Hand

Fearless

Well Known Member
Airworthiness Inspection Completed

A big shout out to Jim Auman (DAR) for his cooperation on the airworthiness inspection on my 9A. Although tired and hungry from his drive from DeKalb Illinois to my home airport he went forward with the inspection so I wouldn't have to make the long trek back and forth to the airport the next day. Jim was very professional and thorough with the FAA paperwork and took time to explain what it meant and what I had just gotten myself into. He found a few squawks I need to address before my planes first flight. By the time you read this he should be back home in Tennessee after staying over at the airport overnight. Now I need to setup some time to get a current BFR and transition training before you read on here that the plane actually left the ground. All and all a great (long) day. It's been a long time coming.

Last edited:
Great job Mike,

If you are going to be at the airport some weekend shoot me a PM or call, be glad to come check out your project.

Great job. YOU did it. One more 9A almost in the air. A DAR that does his job and more is a conforming thing and it sounds as if you had one. Take some time and make sure the aircraft and you are ready to fly. I has a great asset with Jessy Saint in getting 789KD in the air, but before he took it into the air we made sure all was good. Have fun, enjoy, be conservative, and HAVE FUN

Back