What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider question

BGordon

Well Known Member
Evening everyone,
I am working on my slider canopy roller track ( C-657) and trying to cut the notch in the rear. The plans say the notch should start 1 3/8" in, and that the picture is drawn to full scale (DWG 41). However the measurements show 11/16" even though the drawing is the width as the track bar. Either the measurement is wrong or the picture is not full scale. Any ideas?
Thanks
B

is this the part? I just trimmed mine to follow the fuse.

DSC04060_zpsg2uze6ur.jpg

Yes Sir

That's the piece, and waiting until I actually drill and cleco it make sense
Thank you
Brandon

look ahead how you are going to hold the nuts on the bottom of that deck piece when it comes time to bolt it down, some people trim the bottom outside C part??? I had to make a special tool, it took a couple hours to put those rails on.....

Canopy Rail

I used platenuts attached to a strip of aluminum match drilled to the canopy track and deck, then it's easy to hold the strip w/platenuts up from the bottom and start the screws from the top. I copied this from someone else- works great!

I used platenuts attached to a strip of aluminum match drilled to the canopy track and deck, then it's easy to hold the strip w/platenuts up from the bottom and start the screws from the top. I copied this from someone else- works great!

The Tippers also have some nuts up in there. An old trick I learned is to roll some tape in a loop (i.e. doubled sided) and stick the nut to whichever finger you can fit in there. I use this whenever I can't get two fingers in somewhere to hold a nut. Forceps can also be used, but harder to keep the nut parallel.

Larry

What a great idea! I hope I never need to remove mine.....

Tool I built for those pesky nuts under the slider rail!

2w7o2he.jpg

Nice! I did something similar with a strip of aluminum bent in an L shape, but I put a piece of double-sided foam tape where the socket is to hold the nut.

I must've struggled for an hour trying to fit those nuts with fingers alone before I spent five minutes making the tool!

+1 did the same

Back