What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EZBurr

cderk

Well Known Member
I realize that there are some old threads posted about this, but I figured I would resurrect it... simply because I think this thing is awesome. Since starting my 10, the thing that I dislike most about the process is deburring and priming (go figure). I purchased this tool for 3/32, but now that I see how nice it is, I'm going to order the 1/8" version as well.

http://www.ezburr.com/products/hss_tool_options.php

The part numbers are EZL0129-02 (#30) and EZL0098-02 (#40)

Yes, I realize that its a $75 deburring tool. But I think about how much time I spend deburring holes and it seems worth every penny to me.

Charlie

I don't mind deburring holes. It's getting all the edges of parts, especially around ribs and bulkheads where the flange is broken up with slots and reliefs, that's the real pain in the rear...

Interesting, how well does it work for alum sheet? The video shows it running through rather thick stock.

I'm using it on skins, ribs, etc. Works fine. Works well on thicker aluminum angles too.

I agree, all the edges are a pain in the a** too. There has to be a better way!

Chad Jensen used one on is 7 build and said he loved it. It also de-burrs the backside if the hole. Great when one can not reach the backside easily.

I just attended a SportAir workshop given by Mark Forss for sheet metal and he had one of these. Here is where he bought his spenro.com. It was one of the neatest tools we used.

ezburr

Be careful using it- it's very easy to remove too much material. Test on some scrap- it won't show up until you deurr, then dimple- if too much material is removed- your clecos won't hold well (hole too large)! I think you can also adjust the blade pressure.

My wife spoiled me for my birthday coming up next week.
Couple of tool additions to my arsenal, partly thanks to this thread....

h9YLx7w11hFfO3JHgP0bGXKc6iRR66xhU7Bc4ZefmIy_PR201nWFCcqiWHpceba0KiYU_dTSAKb2pGxIeUhk4rjB5V0Fn-H7mk0HnL0H-RdhCCZ2n3wceKvkkaBJqJYWAoolsKsNVIZqcyYRfIqzkZxKm5D0xK49vwy5w4Ys2svD_dAjoMkgYUpN3PmUyMq9l2Mvvz-KVv0iGQo2ARRQtL-B5dL8g6NECmZv3e-G8fvGoM6yZLeVOUGDZSb_EjG5M60rgRczoj2R_i4OLit4UYA0jD8lGFU1g4JY9RBlLuLiQ2ZlIZiOKNiyN14lsTsLtoIechNCEtBzutM2fB9t1eybKHgoCMLayHVTOvJvSBLhcOHyRSekll-3YRkMjVNCdlaXJ4B44-WS6kcg-tjHuN1aicCA5kTvnDQgCGtf4GDTVs7lNz8HbZQADpWLiGHZjyglDc17blrFGhqhAA61OZoWO0ctn9rq_cx3_QnCXnqpp6xpP4U-8RMUkA667hS8JVpPon1eaqO63qEQuHARKYW2Dg3kPDTtXF9HvhwpS8_K3JWrdTfv4w7kwNs19xn4jCej=w449-h889-no

....I agree, all the edges are a pain in the a** too. There has to be a better way!

A light pass with 220 grit sandpaper often works well. Be careful to just get the corner of the aluminum, not flat to an edge but at a 45 degree angle.

Dave

Charlie, others,...

As I posted earlier, I have both the 3/32 and 1/8" Ezburr deburring bits.

I am finding that I'm not happy with a large percentage of the holes I'm trying to debur and end up having to take a drill bit or other deburring tool and hit holes that still have some burr left to them that the Ezburr didn't get.

I'm using the bits in my 18V battery powered hand-held drill. I've noticed that the higher speed setting works better. I've also tried some varying things like holding the blade edge on the front side of the hole for a few revolutions before pushing it through, attempting to do the same on the back side.

I've tried adjusting the blade height in and out a little, but still haven't gotten anywhere near having most holes come out smooth.

Am I missing something? Any tips on usage that might yield better results other than watching the videos I've seen linked that makes it look simple?

Thanks!

Am I missing something? Any tips on usage that might yield better results other than watching the videos I've seen linked that makes it look simple?

Thanks!

I've had to play with them a little bit to get them just right. if the set screw is too loose, the blade collapses too easily and won't get all the burrs. have it too tight and it will actually make the hole larger.

I too use my cordless drill. i was using my sioux and broke two EZBurr's. It was spinning too fast and just got all bent.

Interesting on the sioux.
Someone (I presume from seeing this thread) commented on my blog that you should spin them at least 3000rpm. This was in reference to a feed/speed chart on their website. I found that on their site via the product finder and it says min rpm:3510 max rpm:5849 for the #40.

I grabbed some scrap last night, drilled some holes, and tried the #30 ezburr in my air drill.
Seemed to work much better. Absolutely no burrs left behind.

I'll have to get another #40 bit. I pushed my cordless drill off the bench the other night with the bit in it. The Ezburr bit didn't fair very well.

I've had to play with them a little bit to get them just right. if the set screw is too loose, the blade collapses too easily and won't get all the burrs. have it too tight and it will actually make the hole larger.

I too use my cordless drill. i was using my sioux and broke two EZBurr's. It was spinning too fast and just got all bent.

I think it depends on the thickness of the material. I called them after ruining two of them (and them replacing them for free). They told me that I need to slow it down and should use a cordless drill. The sioux was right on the edge. That's what I was using too based on their charts.

apparently, they lie!

Back