What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Shipping Cost Thread

NavyS3BNFO

Well Known Member
I just received a phone call from XPO Logistics that my RV-8 finish kit is ready for delivery. The shipping cost is $1,337 from Vans to NJ. Wow, that hurt. I don't remember exactly what the wing and fuselage shipping costs were but $700-$800 sticks in my mind. Hey what's an extra $500-$600 in the grand scheme of things.... oh wait, that's a lot of gas.

Last edited:
Just shipped an aluminum intake manifold last week UPS ground and that cost $49 (18 lbs). Shipping is ridiculous these days.

I just received a phone call from XPO Logistics that my RV-8 finish kit is ready for delivery. The shipping cost is $1,337 from Vans to NJ. Wow, that hurt. I don't remember exactly what the wing and fuselage shipping costs were but $700-$800 sticks in my mind. Hey what's an extra $500-$600 in the grand scheme of things.... oh wait, that's a lot of gas.

Not any more.... It only got that delivery truck about 500 miles down the road....:eek:

I got my RV8 finish kit yesterday from XPO. It was $750 from Vans to SoCal.

I also picked it up from their terminal to avoid an additional cost of bringing it to my house.

I inventoried it today and the amount of paper they use in the crate is comical.

I'm sure glad Oregon has a renewable tree program.

Back