What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine paint

Mconner7

Well Known Member
My case will be alodined when it comes back from DivCo. I have some Lycoming grey in a fizz can but wanted to ask if there is a better way to paint it?

I like the duplicolor rattle can engine paint. Has a bit of ceramic and once it is baked, it is quite durable. It does require heat to make it hard though, so it is soft before the engine gets to temp a few times. You can smell it cooking after the first few engine runs.

Larry

I like the duplicolor rattle can engine paint. Has a bit of ceramic and once it is baked, it is quite durable. It does require heat to make it hard though, so it is soft before the engine gets to temp a few times. You can smell it cooking after the first few engine runs.

Larry

Thanks Larry and thanks for your advise during the rebuild. Do you have a good source for Duplicolor?

It is very popular. You can find it at most local auto parts.... Wal-Mart Auto Zone NAPA ACE and O'Reilly's. I would purchase locally to confirm the color.

Back