What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wooden models of RV-6 and RV-8 -- CHEAP!!

Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
If you're at Oshkosh, the wooden airplane model vendors are selling RV-6 and RV-8 models for $19 (nineteen) dollars, marked down from $99, the price that everything else sells at. Why? The RV models only sell at Oshkosh and they're way over-stocked. Get 'em while you can!

Need the 7A

They didnt have an A model but for 19 bucks I bought the 6 model and I'll glue a little wheel up front.:)

rv-8 model

How can I get one now that the show is over. Do they have a website, etc.?

Here is what the RV-6 looked like. I could not pass up the $20 price with tax.

RV-6_model_photo.jpg

how do we contact these folks now?

I have no idea, and I actually asked while I was there - but they seemed so concentrated on helping dish out models to people, it was hard to hold a discussion. They didn't seem to have a card, which is what I wanted. They might be listed on the EAA Vendors list - they had a place in "A", and a place in the Fly Market.

My NASA colleagues kept running over and buying RV-8 models after they saw mine....future RV'ers? This passion can be addictive!

Paul

how do we contact these folks now?

I purchased my model in Exhibit hall D.

Going back to the EAA AirVenture Web site, I went to the map of Exhibit Hall D and located the vendor. EAA has a map of where the vendor was located on the grounds.

http://www.tcsa001.com/tlife_supplemental/airventure/kiosk/map.php?dbaid=1083&z=033&rt=3

The vendor I purchased from was "Art Imports" according to the EAA Vendor list.

I will let you try and track them down with EAA or Google. Google did not give me any results that I found worth posting. The EAA web site list of vendors does not list a web address for them. http://www.airventure.org/exhibitors/A-B_1.html

The model does have a tag on it that says: "Made in Vietnam" if that helps.

Suggest you contact EAA and ask for a contact for them.

I've seen wooden models like this for the RV and other experimentals pop up on ebay a lot. Might want to look there.

I'd like to know too

If someone finds the vendor and there is still a good deal, I'll buy one.

I figure, at $99, I'll make my own sometime. At $20, I'll take one of these.

I talked to the lady at Art Imports and she said they DO NOT SHIP.
You will have to wait for next year at Oshkosh.

Enough Business?

Good to hear that there are still some business owners out there that are so overwhelmed with orders that they can turn away business with the "we don't ship" response.

Maybe the recession really has bottomed!

shipping damage could be an issue

Shipping damage, and claims would be a headach for them, if they were to ship.

I like the wood grain look better than the painted model on ebay for $99.

Anyone live in Tulsa willing to ship some wooden models?

Thanks Gary for posting the contact info.

Thanks

I ordered an RV8 model just now.

3 bladed propeller, but now I'm not insisting on it looking like mine.

After all, mine won't be built of mahongany, either.

Thanks again for the link!

They should toss one into the Quick build fuse for free before it heads back this way.:)

Last edited:
I ordered an RV8 model just now.

3 bladed propeller, but now I'm not insisting on it looking like mine.

After all, mine won't be built of mahongany, either.

Thanks again for the link!

I must've missed something ... you ordered an RV-8 model just now FROM WHERE??

I checked that link and they only had airliners, WWII planes, helos, cars, boats, etc., but no RVs of any variety. Even a site search for "RV" turned up zip.

Click on "New Models"

Don,

Follow the link and on the menu bar on the left side, click on "New Models". They have both RV-6 and RV-8 models.

Thanks. I wonder why it wouldn't pop up when I searched for "RV-8" or even "RV" ...?

Makes me wish I had a 3-blade prop now ... :D

I asked if they'd ship at OSH and she said for $20 buck they couldn't. I offered to pay for shipping, but she wasn't interested. Check with them again, now that they're home they may be willing to ship.

I'm building a 7, but I figured it was close enough at that price. She told me that it was because they were going to discontinue the 6.

I was told that someone asked them (at Oshkosh) why the RV models were going so cheap, and their response was "Oshkosh is th only place where those models sell, so they want to make sure they all get sold!" (Makes me wonder just what kind of markup they have on these models!!!). I suppose if one were to give them a call and suggest a group buy with the VAF as a client base.....Doug - Tulsa isn't that far away from 52F - give that new panel a try and go pay them a visit!

Paul

received the RV-8 model today

Looks great!
No shipping issues.

For the show price I'd have bought three of them.
I'm happy with it.

Thanks Ed for starting the topic, and all who helped me here.

Back