What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shared Hangar/Workshop in Minneapolis

alixohrt

I'm New Here
Just gauging interest here, or trying to understand what the options might be. I'm looking to build, but don't have the space in my garage. Knowing that a lot of t-hangars or unheated also would make it difficult to make progress for a good portion of the year in Minnesota.

How interested would folks be if there was a shared heated hangar or a warehouse/industrial space to work on there project long term? Thinking it could be a good way to keep costs low, and combine resources for expensive tools and other things.

Would any current builders in Minneapolis area be interested in this or have others seen success with this type of arrangement in other parts of the country?

Building in hangers

I always wondered if you could make that work. The best building advice I got was “do as much as you can before moving to the airport”
Working in a T hanger is the worst work environment I know. The lighting is hard. It’s dusty.
Attached is a log of my hanger temp/humidity last week in CA. I know it’s not cold but it is miserable.
Good luck
Mike

Attachments

• CB4B0705-F96D-49F5-83C0-6FCD4AF7550F.jpeg
    CB4B0705-F96D-49F5-83C0-6FCD4AF7550F.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Back