What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Evoke/PlaneSchemer

Brucelan

I "finished" my RV-14A in November of 2020. I decided that I didn't have the skill to give it the paint job it deserved. I contacted Jon McCormick at Plane Schemers / Evoke Aviation (Gadsden, Alabama) and got a slot.

While the paint job wasn't cheap, the job they did was SO GOOD that it seems like a steal. They did an amazing amount of prep work and then applied an absolutely stunning paint job (Imron with a clear coat). The work quality was perfect -- these guys really know what they are doing.

e9v84Y7

5BNHlQo

I tried to link photos above, if they don't show up, I apologize.

The other thing that really stood out to me was their attention to detail. As I was taxiing away from their hangar, they were walking along beside the airplane wiping the last little dirt smudge off the wingtip.

The only bad news is that they are so popular that they have a waiting list. So, if possible get your slot early - you will not regret it.

Bruce
2020 RV-14A N662F Flying
2007 RV-10 N662G Sold
2003 RV-8 N297NW Sold

Wow Bruce - that is a nice design, and looks like an excellent implementation. Congrats - get ready for a lot of "droolers" hanging around your aircraft!

I was there today...

....checking on my -8 that is being prepped! I have been there quite a few times and they have always been VERY accommodating! It was mesmerizing to see them work on various stages of prep and paint...and wait until you see his latest project being finished up tomorrow...a stunning -10!

Jonathan is doing it right and on top of that, is quite humble about being the best.

I can't wait....just a few more weeks!

The work quality was perfect -- these guys really know what they are doing.

...they have a waiting list. So, if possible get your slot early - you will not regret it.

I agree about Evoke, worth every penny AND the wait!! I've been flying my Evoke painted RV-10 for 18 months now. It still turns heads wherever I go. In process of applying John's 360 ceramic coating to help with bug clean up. Check out how slick and clear the finish is! These "selfies" were taken in the dark section of my paint toward the wing tips. These pics are reflections of me looking at the paint!

Attachments

• IMG_2785 (2).jpg
    IMG_2785 (2).jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4444.jpg
    IMG_4444.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 150
Get booked

Spent some time at Sun N' Fun talking to Jonathan. He said he is into 2024 now on bookings. He's working being able increase capacity but that will take some time.

Soooo, book your slot now, no matter what status your plane is. Jonathan is working on a unique computer tracking system too. He can explain the details.

Jonathan is one of those unique individuals you wish you could clone. Exceptionally hard working (not unusual to get an email from him at 0100), talented (look at all the award winning planes he has designed and/or painted) and as someone else mentioned - really humble about what he has created at Evoke.

He designed and painted our RV-7A and will do our RV-10 in October.

Plus his Facebook cover photo is awesome :D

I "finished" my RV-14A in November of 2020. I decided that I didn't have the skill to give it the paint job it deserved. I contacted Jon McCormick at Plane Schemers / Evoke Aviation (Gadsden, Alabama) and got a slot.

While the paint job wasn't cheap, the job they did was SO GOOD that it seems like a steal. They did an amazing amount of prep work and then applied an absolutely stunning paint job (Imron with a clear coat). The work quality was perfect -- these guys really know what they are doing.

e9v84Y7

5BNHlQo

I tried to link photos above, if they don't show up, I apologize.

The other thing that really stood out to me was their attention to detail. As I was taxiing away from their hangar, they were walking along beside the airplane wiping the last little dirt smudge off the wingtip.

The only bad news is that they are so popular that they have a waiting list. So, if possible get your slot early - you will not regret it.

Bruce
2020 RV-14A N662F Flying
2007 RV-10 N662G Sold
2003 RV-8 N297NW Sold

Beautiful looking airplane, Bill. Thanks for sharing.

I went over there on Tuesday. It was my second visit and the place is just awesome. Jonathan is truly a master at his craft and his guys have incredible talent. All of them work hard to turn out perfection.

Even though I just started my build, I have a paint date. Its a target that keeps me focused.

Back