What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone hear from Andair recently? (As of 6/23/2022)

huse0054

Well Known Member
I placed a fuel valve order with Andair Dec 9th 2021. Last correspondence with them was March 16th 2022. Has anyone else heard from them or know of any other ways of getting in touch?
Here is what I ordered if anyone has one for sale.

EFS20x7-T FS20 Type 7 Valve
Extension: 6 inch ext. tube
Left fitting: Elbow Male (AN-6,JIC-6)
Right fitting: Elbow Male (AN-6,JIC-6)
Lower fitting: Male (AN-6,JIC-6)
Options: Anodised, Countersunk

I have not received a response after sending 3 more emails.

Here is what they said in the last email from them dated March 16th 2022.

Hello,
Apologies for the delay with your order. We have been experiencing continued production issues which have delayed all orders and greatly increased the lead times. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to dispatch the order until the start of April. I’m sorry for the further delay to your order.
Kind regards,
Jenny

I placed a fuel valve order with Andair Dec 9th 2021. Last correspondence with them was March 16th 2022. Has anyone else heard from them or know of any other ways of getting in touch?
Here is what I ordered if anyone has one for sale.

EFS20x7-T FS20 Type 7 Valve
Extension: 6 inch ext. tube
Left fitting: Elbow Male (AN-6,JIC-6)
Right fitting: Elbow Male (AN-6,JIC-6)
Lower fitting: Male (AN-6,JIC-6)
Options: Anodised, Countersunk

I have not received a response after sending 3 more emails.

Here is what they said in the last email from them dated March 16th 2022.

Hello,
Apologies for the delay with your order. We have been experiencing continued production issues which have delayed all orders and greatly increased the lead times. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to dispatch the order until the start of April. I’m sorry for the further delay to your order.
Kind regards,
Jenny

Search is your friend. The only effective way to communicate with Andair is to call them.

I helped another guy on here a while ago.

I am waiting for parts myself and know Andy - so even I have to wait !!!

Due to call them next week - I will remind them that The Colonials are pining for responses :D

Ordered a duplex fuel valve and fittings from them in January of this year and delivery was almost immediate.

Spruce stocks some of their parts. I would rather give my money directly to Andair than a middleman, but I recently needed a new extension piece and Spruce shipped it immediately. Maybe Andair is more responsive to them than individuals and keeps the Spruce inventory topped up.

Its real easy to jump on the keyboard and bash any supplier who doesn't ship your order instantly. But consider your order in comparison to the main business of the company (in Andair's case supplying certified aircraft companies). Perhaps communication with customers could be better, but call if you need an update. Even local buyers are waiting a few weeks.

I smile about the communications - and agree. After meeting Andy and having a good (unrushed) conversation (at OSH), concluded he is just focused on solving the delivery and technical issues and not answering questions about them. There seems to be no compromise in the products. A situation I ultimately found livable, but YMMV.

Yes, best to call in his time slot.

I found them to be super responsive by phone. I had a problem with a pump and they jumped through hoops to get a new one out the door ASAP to replace it instead of waiting for a repair.

Andair comm

Most people wait 4 to 6 months, some get lucky, I was not one. Emailed multiple times and called several. Even got a local involved and he had not much luck. Maybe will run into them at Osh. The -2 extension kit they sell has an incorrect adapter in it (see my thread) and wanted to ask about why it would not line up properly. Finally figured it out after ordering a -3 extension and using the “others” adapter they produce. (It’s blue not red) This only effects builders who are needing an extension for their duplex valve. The good news is they make a great product !!

Andair accepted my order for a pump and selector valve on 11th January. I have emailed them a couple of times since then and phoned twice. Delivery was initially estimated at 12 weeks (5th April), then it slipped to mid June then mid July. It's now near the end of July and still nothing.

ACS is also out of stock of the Andair products but they do have the EFII BPM-1 pump and SPRL V1-3P valve in stock so I have them on my wish list ready to order later this week.

I haven't found any negative comments on the EFII and SPRL products so I hope they will work in the RV7 I'm building. I'm installing a Lycoming IO360M1B engine with FP prop.

Cheers
Phil Maley
Perth, Australia

Back