What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight testing

amekler

Well Known Member
Patron
I've finished all 5 flight tests. Do nI need to send the data in to Vans or do I just place it with maintenance records?
Alan
RV-12
N603NH
7 hrs

Test end

Read your Operating limitations and make the required entries in your logbooks

It’s been 10 years since I got mine licensed, but I recall the document package or PAPs saying send a completed copy to Vans.

From the RV-12 PAP cover page:

ASTM F 2279-10 Section 5.4 states that the manufacturer (Van's Aircraft) shall maintain a Quality
Assurance Record (QAR) for each LSA produced. The QAR shall consist of (among other
records) "Applicable final inspection records, check, and test documentation from the production
acceptance procedures"
When complete and signed-off, a copy of this document in its entirety must be returned to:

Van's Aircraft
14401 Keil Rd. NE
Aurora, OR 97002
U.S.A.

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS
Attn: RV-12 QAR

I BELIEVE this applies to S-LSAs produced by or for Van’s. I know someone on the forum will know for sure.

I've finished all 5 flight tests. Do nI need to send the data in to Vans or do I just place it with maintenance records?
Alan
RV-12
N603NH
7 hrs

Under the assumption I missed something when I completed my phase 1 testing over two years ago, I sent Van’s a copy of my completed PAP. Eric was kind enough to point out that the PAP specifically states that we do not need to do so. See attached. And I checked the revision I used over two years ago, and it states the same. I can only assume I read this back then, but forgot when this thread popped up. See the attached.

Attachments

• FDD5485A-DA60-4362-B92D-8719A7F8962B.jpg
    FDD5485A-DA60-4362-B92D-8719A7F8962B.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 140
Back