What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paint shops in the midwest

BillT

I am looking for a paint shop in the mid-west, preferably within 2-3 hours of St Louis. I have two prior agreements with shops that either went out of business or decided that painting G-IV's was more profitable so dropped me from their list. I would appreciate any suggestions and experiences. Anyone used any of the shops in Mena, AR?

Positive comments only please. No bashing.

Last edited:
I had my 6A painted at Central Aviation in Watertown, WI back in 2007. Very happy with Randy's work. You have to be patient though. He's a busy guy.

KTKX

I "think" at Kennett there is a guy who paints. I've never spoken to him but several trips through there, almost always, there is a freshly painted plane sitting outside of the maintenance hanger right next to the city's FBO building.
Going through there again on Friday headed north and I'll see if I can find out.

I know you are probably not thinking about Texas as the "midwest" but Dallas/Ft. Worth is about a 3 hours or less RV flight from St. Louis. If you check out GLO Custom and talk with Grady I know you will not be disappointed. If you want quality this is where you should go. This coming from a very satisfied customer.

Dial Eastern States ( DESAPI ) has ours right now. They do excellent work. Located in Cadiz, OH. Not sure if that is outside your radius. Ours is the 3rd -12 they have done...they are familiar with the airframe. Just google DESAPI and check their site.

Link to video of arrival @ Paint shop :)

http://youtu.be/T-yljFI4XhI

Last edited:
I use Rodney Mead at OVO. He is working on our second RV-12, and has done quite a few other RVs. Loves the 12, and is quite reasonable. I would say it will save you WAY more than the cost of the flight, and we can look after it for you, as there are almost a dozen RV-12 builders here. This is the home of Eagle's Nest, and one of the friendliest airports around! BTW, he will do filled rivets if you insist. 812 five nine two ninety six hundred.

Bob

Back