What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oh Happy Day!

Sig600

Well Known Member
Came home from work and it was like Christmas! Aircraft Spruce boxes, CST, and the big one from STEIN!

abkt2q.jpg

Two screen G3X and the GX a/p stuff!!! Too bad this stuff is going to sit for a LONG while before it ever see's the light of day again!

ri5bgi.jpg

I can't believe how light the whole system is! The Trutrak servos, not so much.

Congtrats

on the new stuff. Just finished my panel and thought all of the individual pieces were very light. I was really surprised at how heavy it seemed when I picked up the completed panel, so I weighed it. Almost 15 pounds, but I suppose that's lighter than an all steam gage project.
Out of all the building tasks, I was most worried about putting the panel together. Once I got started though it seemed to be the most satisfying.
Now to get over my fear of fiberglas.
Your -7 will look great w/ that Garmin system.
Steve

What kind of money are the 3Gx panels running, anyway? Are they competitive with the other players in the non-TSO EFIS market? Love Garmin stuff, but historically they are awefull proud of their equipment!

Ya, the next year of combat/tax free should pay for some more stuff. I'd rather be home though!!! To the price question, we jumped on the recent rebate Garmin and trutrak were running. For the capability, it was competitive price wise.

It's always fun to get new stuff from the delivery guy, I haven't had anything nearly as cool as your shipment delivered yet though. Looking forward to that day.

Sig, I have been thinking about the upcoming 4th of July weekend and the rest of the summer for that matter. Your thoughts and plans for the future months are much different than mine with your upcoming deployment and I wanted to say thanks for all that you and your comrades put on the line for our great country. Hopefully the time flys by and thoughts of installing all the goodies helps to get you through. Good Luck.

Back