What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D10 battery help

Mdragon

I have a D10, and have been installing an HDX. Somehow along the way my D10 now has a black screen and won't turn on. Checked power to unit, it 12 volts.

Dynon told me to remove the battery as a dead battery may cause this.

Question is, can I get the battery out without removing the D10 from the panel? The builder riveted the **** thing in there. Is is possible to open the battery compartment from behind while it's in the panel? Are there screws on the door? Anyone have a picture.

Thanks.

Do you have space enough behind the panel to pull out the battery? It's almost as long as the D-10.

Finn

Do you have space enough behind the panel to pull out the battery? It's almost as long as the D-10.

Finn

I'll see tomorrow. More fun will be trying to unscrew the allen bolts blindly.

May just **** can the D10. The heading is useless on it anyway, always 10 or 20 degrees off.

Unfortunately the builder mounted the D10 without any intention of ever having to remove it. May just replace with another HDX, but now I have to cut a new panel. Fun times.

Heading 10-20 degrees off

I fixed this on a plane once. Idiot installer had not mounted the remote compass square to the airframe. Instead it was mounted parallel to the fuselage side skin aft of the baggage. IOW about 10 degrees off from the axis of the plane.

In this case, no, I wasn't that installer :)

Back