Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 12-19-2020, 06:08 PM

Wink Service Bulletins

Looking to order my first 7A kit first of the year. Does anyone know if the factory incorporates any fixes or upgrades to future kits outlined in Service Bulletins/Letters? Expect to see a lot of questions from me in the future.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:35 PM

When you order a kit it will contain parts for all the up to date service bulletins.

Born to fly, forced to work
Old 12-19-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husabeast View Post
Looking to order my first 7A kit first of the year. Does anyone know if the factory incorporates any fixes or upgrades to future kits outlined in Service Bulletins/Letters? Expect to see a lot of questions from me in the future.
My experience with my RV-8 build has been the service bulletin parts and instructions came with the kit to supplement the plans and manual.
3,500+ hours
Where is N157GS
Building RV-8 S/N: 80012

To most people, the sky is the limit.
To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:14 PM

Default Yup

Everything should be taken care of but pay attention to this page throughout the build.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/service...sort=undefined

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQ..._as=subscriber

"Stu"
Snowbird #9
Moose Jaw, SK
7A #70015 - C-FZQX - built - sold
7A #71629 - C-FSIS - built - sold across Atlantic
7 #70215 - C-GOJU - flying - sold
7 #70703 - C-GMIY - flying - sold
6 #60119 - C-FHBZ - built - Airventure 2016 Bronze Lindy - sold
8 #82842 - C-FSBG - built - sold
4 #2723 - C-GVBX - built - flying!!!!
Old 12-19-2020, 07:43 PM

Default Much easier in the build phase

Yes you'll get all the current SB's with your kit, and they're much easier to do during construction.

I've found a couple of times that the construction plans, drawings, and parts don't always marry up to the latest versions, and it's really pleasing when you find a part you thought you had to fabricate already done for you.

Perhaps this is the benefit of arriving at the party much later, or of drinking the water out of well that others have dug.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:59 PM

Default Read ahead

I would recommend printing out all the SBs in advance, so you know which ones you’ll have to incorporate, as the plans have been written without the SB being performed. You’ll have to interpolate where and how to add the doubler, or modify a part, etc. I write a note on the plans at the step where to reference the applicable SB.
RV-8 empenage finished 10-2020

Wings Started.. 11-2020
Old 12-20-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltruda View Post
I would recommend printing out all the SBs in advance, so you know which ones you’ll have to incorporate, as the plans have been written without the SB being performed. You’ll have to interpolate where and how to add the doubler, or modify a part, etc. I write a note on the plans at the step where to reference the applicable SB.
Ah, the memories. When I built this forum did not exist (and I walked uphill against the wind to and from school). In fact the Internet was new. We had the Matronix list but the rest was all newsletters you got in the mail. We had a pretty good one here in STL written by Jim Cone. Also got the Vans RVaitor. I cut out articles and tips and inserted them into the build plans to make sure I had them handy when I got to that particular place in my build.

I still think that maybe a good practice if you see some thread here or article in Kitplanes that you want to use in the future, make an annotation in your plans to remind yourself where you saw something you thought was noteworthy.

There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact. —MARK TWAIN
Old 12-20-2020, 09:42 AM

Talking

I really appreciate all the information. This has to be one of the best forum groups i have ever participated in. Looking forward to bugging the P**s out of all you for a few years.