What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which DSUB Pins To Use?

blueflyer

Well Known Member
I have decided to rewire my panel, which has legacy Dynon D100/D120 units. Do the D100/D120 wire harnesses use high density DSUB pins or the low density DSUB pins?

Low Density Pins

I have decided to rewire my panel, which has legacy Dynon D100/D120 units. Do the D100/D120 wire harnesses use high density DSUB pins or the low density DSUB pins?

Low Density Pins are the ones you need

If you're going to start playing around with those, it's helpful to understand which connector takes which pin.

A 15 pin connector is a standard density for example. a 50 pin connector is a high density.

Those are the two that I remember off the top of my head, but there's a chart somewhere that spells this all out.

FYI- if you have a unit that's powered through Hi density pins, don't be surprised if it has two power pins right next to each other. Those little pins can only handle like 3 amps each max

A 15 pin connector is a standard density for example. a 50 pin connector is a high density.

x

FYI, 15 pin connectors come in both low density (2 rows) and high density (same shape as a DB-9 with 3 rows) configurations.

Larry

The Dynon D100 is a 25 pin, so that’s one reason I’m not sure. I lean towards low density as previously suggested

FYI, 15 pin connectors come in both low density (2 rows) and high density (same shape as a DB-9 with 3 rows) configurations.

Larry

My bad, you are correct I forgot about the 3 row version. Anyway, point being you can determine which pin based on the config of the connector

Back