What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

W-822PP access plate (wing)

Staunch111

Well Known Member
Hi All, I have an old slowbuild RV7 kit (purchased frmo a previous builder) and have realised I do not have any of the wing access plates (W-822PP). Is there anyone currently building who would be kind enough to trace the plate (with hole markings) on a piece of paper, and forward a copy by email? Thanks in advance :)

I concur...just order them from Van's. They'll line up perfectly with the existing holes, and it's not like you have to have them right now to prevent holding up progress. But are you sure they're not hiding somewhere in the stuff you bought from the original owner? I seem to remember that all six were taped together in one bundle when they came from Van's.

Vans version

The attached image is of W822PP from the Vans website, try scaling it to print out at the correct size. The long dimension for the equivalent part on the RV-6 version is 9.125 inches but needs to be verified for your model.

I agree though that buying from Vans could be best use of time/energy/resources. USPS shipping may not be that expensive and should take 1 or 2 months to get to Sydney.

Attachments

• w-822pp.jpg
    w-822pp.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 29
If you buy them from vans you can ship them to my US mailbox and Ill put them in with my next mailout of random stuff to Sydney.
PM if interested and I'll give you the details.
Cheers

W-822PP Access Plate

Hi All, I am not in disagreement about ordering from VANS. And at some point I will need to place an order but at the moment that's not the case. In any case, it's a slow build so I have nothing but time not to mention shipping to AUS is horrendously expensive. It's such an easy part I thought a paper trace would be the easiest way forward.

Thank you for everyone's input.

OK. Mine measures 7-7/8" wide x 6" high x 0.032" thick. 2024-T3 Aluminum. Corner radius 1-3/4". Holes of course to match your wing skins. Holes along spar are for #6 screws, holes around wing skin are for #8 screws (no I don't know why vans did it this way.

Find a piece of clear plastic. Tape it down. You can trace out a perfect pattern including screw holes.

Last edited:
Hi All, I have an old slowbuild RV7 kit (purchased frmo a previous builder) and have realised I do not have any of the wing access plates (W-822PP). Is there anyone currently building who would be kind enough to trace the plate (with hole markings) on a piece of paper, and forward a copy by email? Thanks in advance :)

Hey, I can do exactly as you requested. Pm me your email or what’s app number. I will trace it, scan it to a pdf and send it for you.

Back