What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where Do Old Tires Fade Away To?

Kuhtenia

Simple question - what do you do with your old airplane tires? After changing the nose wheel tire on my 6A today (that was fun), my growing collection of worn out items probably needs to be dispositioned in some way.

Simple question - what do you do with your old airplane tires? After changing the nose wheel tire on my 6A today (that was fun), my growing collection of worn out items probably needs to be dispositioned in some way.

You could Google "tire recycling near me".

I take all my scrap/worn out parts to a recycle center near me. Some of it, I can even get paid for.

At our airports here in Phoenix area there are designated areas where you can drop off old/dead batteries, tires, oil and solvents. Look around your airport for one.

I take mine out to the local landfill/recycling and toss ‘em on the tire pile. Costs me a couple of bucks, but I leave with a clean conscience and feeling like a righteous steward of the environment.

Engines! This is not a thread drift.

How did we ever move engines in the backs of pickups without old used airplane tyres to cushion them? I keep a few for that, to my wife’s consternation. The rest go to the local trash/recycling place.

This is where some go

My wife uses them to go around flowers

E91A34D1-172A-43ED-98A0-F1628A9865CA.jpg

Last edited:
i keep a couple that are worn out, but still usable in a pinch in my hangar. have given a few to visiting airplanes that blow a tire away from home.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back