What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a tip up and a slider grin in/near Indiana

Hate to sound greedy or needy but would be forever grateful if I could get a ride with(or even set in) someone with a side by side tip up canopy and someone with a slider. Doesn't necessarily have to be a 7 but that would be ideal.

Finally in a position to follow the dream and getting the tools together to build a 7A. Probably going to order the emp kit from Van's tonight.
I've read thread after thread in the never ending debate section, watched numerous Ytube vids, and figured what better way to decide what's best for me than to actually see the world from under each style(not to mention meet fellow local RV'ers).

If any volunteers in Indiana would be so kind as to oblige I would be forever grateful and even buy lunch/dinner. Willing to drive anywhere I can make in a few hours. Will do everything to respect your COVID comfort level.
Thanks.

You bet

Gabriel,
I keep my RV7A at ASW. It is currently undergoing a very extensive Condition Inspection but I think within the next two weeks I should be able to give you a ride. No judging my panel though, it’s a great example of what not to do.
Lemme know.

Brian

Invite to see Papa Mike

Gabrial;

Congratulations on your decision to join the ranks of people that love to torture themselves by deciding to build an airplane. Your insanity has been tempered by choosing one of the most popular kit-built airplanes still in production. It took 10 years to build my 7A and shortly after completing the Fly-off, I lost my medical, hence it has only flown 35 hrs. (This is not a sales pitch, as I still want to keep her if I can.) N277PM is located in hangar 7-1 at the Delphi Int'l Airport 1I9 :) in Delphi IN. She is a slider and not in a flyable condition and a filthy girl begging to be washed but is available to try out getting in her as a slider. The RV7s all fly alike only generating the usually debate of slider vs tip-up and tail-dragger vs nose-dragger, both of which is healthy for the pilot population. Please understand that I can only offer my personal opinion slider vs pop-up, but my observations are:

1.) Getting in the baggage area is harder with a slider
2.) Of all the fretting I did, windshields and canopy builds cause me the sleepless nights.
3.) I love my slider.

If I may offer some advice, please consider the quick-build option to save you time, get you in the air quicker, save some brain cells and if needed, your marriage.

Papa Mike is a 7A equipped with a Lycoming O-360-B2C low-compression engine rated at 168 bhp and fitted to a Hartzell constant-speed propeller. The benefit is smoothness and the ability to cruise with the 180 bhp fixed-prop machines.

The reason she is not flyable is that I am getting back into redoing the stuff I know I can do better, painting the fairings, adding flap position and electric aileron trim indicators to the G3X system, and installing ADS-B (out) to the Garmin ES-23 Xponder. The dual screen G3X is the first generation and not Touch, (which is something I don't recommend, because of my experience of always having to focus on correcting my error after hitting the wrong position on the screen in turbulence) and a single Garmin Comm 200 radio.

If you with, I can be reached at:

[email protected]
or (765) 490-0063

Search youTube N277PM; https://youtu.be/seJ_qk1qrbo
Dropbox; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iul2qidw5yuibb0/AAAR37ftFEOjU3Sj1uCp0cXma?dl=0

Paul

Back