What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Recommendation.

Lazerball

I'm New Here
Building a -7 using a Lycoming IO-360 Thunderbolt with full EFII system 32, looking for recommendation for 3 blade composite prop. Thanks in advance.

GT Propellers do a 3 blade ground adjustable.

I just received my 3 blade GA composite prop. Haven’t flown with it yet.

A1225F6C-0139-40AD-A715-E683342FDB4A.jpeg

064B13C6-E3A4-42F5-9B12-F8138E7D5702.jpeg

Building a -7 using a Lycoming IO-360 Thunderbolt with full EFII system 32, looking for recommendation for 3 blade composite prop. Thanks in advance.

Whirlwind just came out with a c/s 3 bladed prop that weighs 36 lbs. It' spendy at $12,500 compared to an aluminum Hartzell 2 blade, but weight is a consideration for me because I'm putting an IO390 up front, so thats probably what I'm going with.

I talked to a couple of guys who have the legacy 2 blade whirlwind and like it really well.

+1 for the Whirl Wind. We have a 72" 300 series on a Titan IOX-360. Love it, install was very easy and their customer service has been good.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 137
I'm looking at the lower end of the cost range at the Sensenich ground adjustable. It looks like a nice prop. It's still more expensive than the 2 blade fixed pitch or GA props but VAF reviews have been good. I was wondering why Vans didn't sell the 3 blade Sensenich. I'm not ready to spend the $$ for a constant speed prop yet.

You do not specify is you want a C/S or a fixed.

If you want a fixed, Catto is hard to beat.

Back