What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Little Help? Q for Supertracks owners or RV 8 builders

543TB

Well Known Member
Okay, I'm striking out finding the answer on my own. Going to do a new build install of the FlyBoys Supertracks on a slider -7 and cannot find the part number for the -8 canopy slider rail so we can have one continuous rail rather than putting on the extension. I know people on here have said they've done it, but Van's part ordering had no idea what I'm talking about and the wait on hold to ask tech was eternal today. Can anyone provide the part number or the magic words to give Van's so I can get it coming my direction? I know on the -7 it's C-762 & 763. Thanks!

Andrew,

If you're building a new canopy installation, using the RV-8 track is no extra work.

However, if you're installing the Supertracks on an existing, flying bird, the track extension is much easier, eliminates the tweaking you'd need to do to the new RV-8 track, and is hardly noticeable at all. Just a tiny splice butt joint is all you can see... and you really have to be looking for it.

Been there. Done it both ways!

This is the slider track along aft fuse top.

Thank you very much. Van's shows the spacer C-805 online for order, but not 804. Is there a callout for angle to fabricate it from or something?

Edit: Never mind, the friendly lady on the other end at Van's knew what 804 was. Thanks again for your help, once again the VAF comes through!

Last edited:
When I ordered mine I believe I gave them the part #'S of the pieces I needed and they sold me x number of feet of the raw material needed to make one piece. What I ordered will require a slight curve and a bend or two put in if I remember correctly. Mine is a 9. I can check my order form tonight.
Never mind you got the part numbers.

Back