What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headphone management

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Im in process of figuring out where best to stow headphones and controls (bose A20s)

What say you guys?

I bought the headset brackets Van’s sells for the RV12 and mounted them to the side panels just below the instrument panel. Out of the sun and easy to reach . . . before you clip in your shoulder straps. ;)

ANR Control Holder

I installed these.
Made by a kid with a 3D printer.
Helps him pay for his pilot's licence.
Just choose the correct model according your headset.

Not the greatest photo but I took a piece of aluminum brake line and formed a big “C” and hang the headsets from the vent tubing. Very convenient and keeps them out of the sun. I also use the printed holders mentioned above.

Attachments

• DEE21E0B-E183-430A-80DB-A7ACAEAA64D0.jpeg
    DEE21E0B-E183-430A-80DB-A7ACAEAA64D0.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 241
On my RV-9A I copied what I saw in Van's factory demonstrators. Just a simple aluminum sheet metal hangar pop-riveted to the fuselage stringer.

i-3cWdkwX-M.jpg

On my RV-9A I copied what I saw in Van's factory demonstrators. Just a simple aluminum sheet metal hangar pop-riveted to the fuselage stringer.

i-3cWdkwX-M.jpg

These look very much like the ones sold for the RV12.

i-3cWdkwX-M.jpg

Same technique I have been using in my RV-6 for almost 25-years. Mine are not this pretty and are NOT painted. Mine are just bare leftover scrap aluminum.

+1 to PlaneCrazy

Bent my tubing into an 'S' rather than a 'C' but same idea. Tidy, right place, and not too strong in case you snag it.

Back