What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aviation Oil Outlet

ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
I've had mixed results with Aviation Oil Outlet (also known as Petroleum Service Company) but the last interaction ensures I will never place another order with them.

On 3/16, I ordered four cases of Philips XC20W50. On 3/24, I inquired as to the the status of the order and received a curt response that it would be another two to four weeks. On 4/6, I inquired as to the status of the shipment since they billed my credit card for the full amount several weeks earlier, shorly after I placed the order. That resulted in another curt response stating that it would at least another 2-4 weeks and "As I told you on 3/25, we don’t have the item".

As of this morning, they *still* don't have any idea of when the order would ship but still expect it in two to four weeks. I demanded they cancel the order and credit my card immediately and while they did cancel the order, the charge is still present on my card. I will be disputing the charges with Visa.

I've had mixed results with Aviation Oil Outlet (also known as Petroleum Service Company) but the last interaction ensures I will never place another order with them.

On 3/16, I ordered four cases of Philips XC20W50. On 3/24, I inquired as to the the status of the order and received a curt response that it would be another two to four weeks. On 4/6, I inquired as to the status of the shipment since they billed my credit card for the full amount several weeks earlier, shorly after I placed the order. That resulted in another curt response stating that it would at least another 2-4 weeks and "As I told you on 3/25, we don’t have the item".

As of this morning, they *still* don't have any idea of when the order would ship but still expect it in two to four weeks. I demanded they cancel the order and credit my card immediately and while they did cancel the order, the charge is still present on my card. I will be disputing the charges with Visa.
Brad,
Obviously you are a kinder person that I am. If they had charged my CC and not shipped, I would have promptly canceled the order since that is not the honest way to do business.

Sorry to hear about your bad transaction. I was looking into alternatives to ACS and tried airplaneoil.com and had a good experience with Josh

As another datapoint I placed an online order with Petroleum Service Company for a case of XC20W-50 on May 2 and it arrived today, May 5. It was ~$30 less than Aircraft Spruce when shipping was included. I've had good service the few times I've used this company.

I did notice that gallon jugs are currently out of stock, supply issues are probably being seen.

Last edited:

That's interesting. I've been buying oil from them for years and have never had a glitch. I placed an order for 2 cases of Philips Victory 20w50 on April 14th, got a shipping notice on 4/15 and received it on 4/20 with their free shipping via FedEx.

Your situation is definitely puzzling. I wonder if it's related to the X/C line vs Victory?

OT: Victory is essentially the X/C line, but has the Lycoming spec'd additive.

--- snip ---

I demanded they cancel the order and credit my card immediately and while they did cancel the order, the charge is still present on my card. I will be disputing the charges with Visa.

I hate to add another negative comment to a bad situation but I had it take over 10-days for a credit to post to my credit card last month from another vendor. Not sure why but charges on cards post quickly but credits can take one or two weeks.

Victory issue maybe

Orders
Phillips 66 Victory AW 20w-50 Aviation Engine Oil
BACK ORDERED
Order #123456
1 product totaling $160.00

ORDER PLACED

Apr 8th 2022
LAST UPDATE

Apr 11th 2022

I DONT RECALL BEING TOLD BACKORDERED WHEN ORDERING…. THEY WERE PAID APRIL 8th. My first …. Last order…..

I've ordered from Aviation Oil Outlet several times without difficulty.

If you go to their website today and try to order the Phillips 66 Victory AW 20W-50 oil, the pull down size option menu is grayed out with an out-of stock note, and you cannot order any. I used the on-line chat feature and they verified that they have no stock.

Aviation Oil Outlet has Phillips 66 X/C 20W-50 in stock (w/o the Lycoming additive).

Spencer Aircraft Supply has the Victory oil in stock at $73.08/case plus shipping and tax (just ordered a case since AOO is out). That is cheaper than ACS at $109/case plus shipping and tax.

Supply chain issues are affecting many things. I stocked up on oil (Victory) and filters several months ago.

Last edited:
FWIW, the last case I purchased from Spruce (counter pickup) , the box was printed with AVIATION OIL OUTLET …. odd.

Hmmmmm......I usually pick my cases up at OSH as they usually have a pretty good deal going and, if you can get it back home (we have a van that brings our camping gear to OSH), don't have to pay shipping. I needed some during the pandemic (OSH canceled) and they shipped out the day after my order was placed. This was in 2020 so things do change. There have been huge supply issues in a lot of businesses. The "charge before shipping" I have experienced from ACS as well. Sorry you are having problems......

When in doubt check Amazon before ACS, usually a couple bucks cheaper, free shipping and arrives in just a couple days. Not the cheapest option, but a trusted source for in-stock and quick shipping.

I suppose it's good to know they aren't universally evil. That others ordered the same item (12 qt case XC20W50) *after* I ordered mine and received their order promptly suggests that perhaps they are just disorganized. Either way though, I'm done with them.

FWIW, the last case I purchased from Spruce (counter pickup) , the box was printed with AVIATION OIL OUTLET …. odd.

Actually, I don't think it was. The box has "AviationOil.com" printed on it, not "Aviation Oil Outlet" (or anything with "Outlet").

"www.AviationOil.com" takes you to the Phillips aviation oil website.

Last edited:
Back