What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Yaw damper controller - where to install?

vinzer

Well Known Member
Hi all!

I sourced Trutrak yaw damper controller module at a very good price and decided to add it to my Digiflight II autopilot. While I am searching for compatible Trutrak basic servo and sourcing other required to mount it hardware I decided to install the yaw controller it self.
These of you who had yaw damper installed in RV10 - where did you mount your control head ?
I understand it should go on the center line and also be parallels with flight path (90 degrees to panel). What would be the best location and maybe you can share some pics just to give me some idea please ?

Thanks!
Vlad

Right behind the elevator bell crank servo

Attachments

• 68A90322-71FD-4F01-9813-BE4FC1B87F0E.jpeg
    68A90322-71FD-4F01-9813-BE4FC1B87F0E.jpeg
    874.3 KB · Views: 115
Right behind the elevator bell crank servo

Thank you. That’s a servo, but what about control box location. That little box where wires from servo goes to? Yaw damper has special control box which should be very specifically installed to ensure it actually “feels” the yaw moment correctly.

Correction: Ignore above as in your case you likely have everything in one single AP unit together with autopilot servo. I was talking about TruTrak autopilot while Garmin has different control module structure.

Last edited:
Back