What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tru trak sorcerer

Electrogunner

Well Known Member
I've installed a Tru trak sorcerer in my RV10 with the G900x. Going through the ground setup procedures, I do not have the LAT TORQUE in the setup menu after the LAT ACTIVITY menu. So I believe it is set way low wherever it is because I have no lateral movement in the controls, although if the AP is on and I manipulate the controls I can feel the roll servo slipping as though it is trying to move them. With the AP off the controls are free with no roll servo interference. The pitch servo is working correctly. Of course Tru trak is closed today.
Also I have no VRT Touque selection as well

Last edited:
Pin

Have you checked to make certain the shear pin on the servo is not sheared?

Vic

Thanks Vic. I didn?t even think about the shear pin. I was doing some research today and came across a tru trak post saying the newer sorcerers do not have a customer adjusted torque setting, they just haven?t updated the manuals. I will check the shear pin next.

We had a similar problem on a TruTrak Vizion installation last year. It turned out to be a broken wire to the servo. We weren't expecting that kind of symptom for a wiring problem so it wasn't the 1st thing we checked, but it turned out that it should have been.

Wire

We had a similar problem on a TruTrak Vizion installation last year. It turned out to be a broken wire to the servo. We weren't expecting that kind of symptom for a wiring problem so it wasn't the 1st thing we checked, but it turned out that it should have been.

Thanks Andy, If I can get up to the hangar today I?m going to check for a sheared pin. If that?s not the case, the wiring will be next on the list.

Am looking for the installation manual and parts list for Trutrak Sorceror autopilot in an RV10 (NOT the Operating Guide/Pilots notes which I already have).

Please can anyone help?

Thanks.

DavidG

Back