What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA webinar on the RV-1 on February 28th

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
I see the EAA has put the Friends of the RV-1 webinar up on their schedule and registration is open at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/648279090

From their website:
"History and Restoration of the Original RV-1
Join us for a presentation on the history and restoration of the original RV?the RV-1. Louise Hose, Paul Dye and Ernie Butcher will give a look at how the RV story began and how the RV-1 came about, and we will welcome a very special guest, Dick VanGrunsven. The RV-1 is now owned by Friends of the RV-1, currently undergoing a full restoration for a 2012 flying tour before being presented to the EAA Museum at AirVenture 2012."

We promise to let Van talk as much as he wants and to make it more interesting than all the webinars you have to attend at work!

Major thanks to Chad Jensen and to the EAA for inviting us to do the webinar. Chad will moderate the session. We hope all of you will register and join us. Let's show the strength of the RV community to the EAA.

Outstanding! I have attended a number of these webinars using the GoToMeeting iPad app. So easy and informative!

Thanks for the post, Louise.

Date?

January 28th is a Saturday, but the GoToMeeting link says Tuesday, February 28th. One or the other must be a typo; I'm guessing February 28th is the correct date?

January 28th is a Saturday, but the GoToMeeting link says Tuesday, February 28th. One or the other must be a typo; I'm guessing February 28th is the correct date?

Gee, whatever do you mean Jeff, the title clearly (now) says "February". I think you're seeing things. Next, it'll be sleighs pulled by reindeer and big guys in red clothes. Wait a minute - that could be you on a Breezy!

Sign up early...only 1000 open spots, and we've seen registrations ride up close to that number on popular webinars.

We hope to make this a great evening, and it'll be the first multiple location webinar too! :cool:

Really it's limited to 1000? Is that because of bandwidth or something? Just wondering.... I'm going to sign up today just in case it fills up.

greg

It's going to be special!

Paul and I just got to see the slides that Van will present during the webinar on Tuesday evening and it is really going to be special. Lots of photos that we hadn't seen before. I'm really excited to hear his stories. You don't want to miss this event. If you haven't signed up already, get on it!

Post-Webinar Download?

Will the Webinar be downloadable after the event? Some of us are a bit too timezone-challenged to catch it live.

- mark

Just a reminder.....

Still time to sign up and join the webinar tonight.... Van's portion is going to be outstanding! And, if you join live, you'll have an opportunity to ask questions.

And if you thought you'd missed the start...you haven't yet. They're running a few minutes late trying to get Mr. Van himself logged in. So go ahead and tune in. Best, -Jim

Great job!!!!! I wish I could have participated in the restore, but Texas is a bit of a commute. Can't wait to see her in Oshkosh. :)

Deliverys

Roy and I have teamed up on several deliveries. I would be glad to be a back up, or just tag along. In the 'Borrowed Horse'
Lets hope for light winds,,,,,,, in March :eek:

Roy and I have teamed up on several deliveries. I would be glad to be a back up, or just tag along. In the 'Borrowed Horse'
Lets hope for light winds,,,,,,, in March :eek:

Come on over Jay. You're certainly welcome. Heck, bring everybody. The shop is climate controlled and I have cots.....we'll turn it into an RV bunkhouse and make two trips to the beer store ;)

Jay is prepared

Dan,
I've never known Jay or Roy to come to South Alabama un-prepared in that department!!!

Back