What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel strainer and Fuel inlet fitting question

Notso

Hi all,

While doing an oil change, I pulled the Fuel inlet strainer on the carb (Marvel MA4-5, P/N 10-4161-1) to double check it. I had previously noted it did not have the correct gasket on it, so I wanted to correct that. When I pulled it, I discovered the Fuel stainer screen was kinked pretty badly. It seemed pretty obvious the end of the strainer wasn't fitting into the other end into fuel inlet fitting.

So I pulled the Fuel inlet fitting from the other side and it appears the wrong part was being used. The male end of the strainer does NOT fit inside the opening of the fuel inlet fitting.

I can order both a new screen and the correct inlet fitting from aircraft spruce, but my question is: What thread type and fitting is needed to attach the fuel hose to the fuel inlet fitting? I've searched everywhere and can't find that answer.

Thanks in advance. I would post pics here, but I guess you have to have them online somewhere first.

Last edited:
Notso, you CAN post pics easily by clicking on the paper clip image and uploading it to here.. no need to have them hosted elsewhere!

Back to the original question, what fitting connects the carb inlet to the fuel line? I believe it’s 1/4 pipe thread and -6 90 degree, aluminum or steel? Or stainless steel? Someone prior installed a Lycoming fuel pump fitting with an o-ring.. the illustrated parts shows the inlet fitting with the copper gasket and bendable tabs. We are going to install the correct part, but unsure what fuel fitting we need to connect the fuel hose.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Here are the pics. 6D74D430-3E22-4FB3-8B47-28339590A5DB.jpg

BA5A7A87-CB70-42FF-B359-3CBAE01492DC.jpg

Does anyone know what the correct Elbow fitting I need to go from the Fuel inlet fitting on the side of the carb to the fuel hose?

Back